[tlhIngan Hol] {pong} {ponglu'} {luponglu'} using the verb {pong} for many names

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 05:07:19 PDT 2022

charghwI':
> This isn’t really a language issue. I’m sure that in most, if not all
languages, you’d have the same issue.

Indeed, you're right. Rethinking this I realized that this could happen in
English as well as in Greek.

In fact this matter reminds of a Friends episode, where Chandler having run
away before the marriage, leaves a note saying "Tell Monica I'm sorry", and
Phoebe says that perhaps he meant that his name is "Sorry":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3P7xfCsqa0

De'vID:
> There's no problem with interpreting them as normal words meaning
"others, other names"

Ok, thanks. Now I understand.

--
Dana'an