[tlhIngan Hol] thoughts on the perfective {-pu'}

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 12:16:21 PDT 2022

I’ll just comment that text sucks as a communication medium, and the Klingon Language list has long proven this to be true. People tend to skim messages with presumptions loaded based on who sent it and any controversial phrase leaps out like a signal flare, prompting them to respond in what they honestly feel is a justified, similar heat level. Ping pong. It’s a recursive, amplifying function.

I’m always sorry to see it happen, especially when I’m one of the parties involved, but it still sucks to see people I respect going at each other via a medium that sucks for emotional content.

We read emotional content that isn’t really there and add some heat. They see heat and add more.

Flame.

I’m old enough to (sometimes, but not always) just let go of it. It’s not really that important. It passes.

Justice is an artificial abstract. We sincerely believe things should be “fair”, though we don’t agree on what is fair, and it spirals to levels beneath either party.

I wish you both peace and disengagement, since engagement over this history has no “fair" resolution.

pItlh

charghwI’ ‘utlh
(ghaH, ghaH, -Daj)