[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tlhapqa'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 4 07:29:24 PDT 2022

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, April 02, 2022

Klingon word: tlhapqa'
Part of speech: verb
Definition: retrieve, take again, resume taking
Source: Klingon Monopoly, published 1 November 2011

qeylIS 'etlh Datlhapqa' 'e' DaQapbe'
Fail to retrieve the Sword of Kahless.  MKE

jagh Duj DaQaw' 'ach pagh qama' Datlhapqa'
Destroy enemy vessel without retrieving prisoners.  MKE

ghaH vISammeH 'ej DochmeywIj vItlhapqa'meH naDev vIghoSpu'
(STID deleted line)

SEE:
tlhap  		take;  collect,  gain (MKE) (v)

(Just a few recent examples):

ngIq gholvo' wa'maH QaS yItlhap
Collect 10 forces from every player. MKE

cha'vatlh QaS yItlhap
Gain 200 forces. MKE

cha'vatlh QaS yItlhapQo'.
Do not gain 200 forces. MKE

"GO" DajuSDI' cha'vatlh QaS yItlhap
Collect 200 salary as you pass. MKE

jopDI’ ’ovwI’ veb, ’echletHom tlhap
When the next player takes his/her turn, he/she takes a card. (qep’a’ 2020)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last