[tlhIngan Hol] thoughts on the perfective {-pu'}

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Apr 5 08:06:40 PDT 2022

On 4/5/2022 10:52 AM, Will Martin wrote:
> I don’t think we should assume that {jIj} isn’t a pair of homophones,
> one of which can be used adjectivally.

It's entirely possible. The example in question doesn't make it clear
one way or another. *woQ luSuqmeH jIjpu' chaH romuluSngan'e' je.* Again,
it's a bad data point, and shouldn't be used to draw any conclusions on
this matter.

(I'll note that the English translation, /work with Romulan factions,/
is not stative or a quality, so this sentence is unlikely to be the
source of the later /be cooperative/ gloss for *jIj.*)