[tlhIngan Hol] expressing "lyre"

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Fri Sep 24 13:56:47 PDT 2021

Note that “fiddle” is the more generic term for any small stringed instrument held at the shoulder, chest, or on a forearm and played with a bow. It typically has three or four strings. A violin is a fiddle, as is a rebec, or a pochet, though the violin-sized member of the viola da gamba family is not a fiddle because it is held like a miniature cello, upright on the lap, and it usually has six strings

… because I know you were all dying to know this.