[tlhIngan Hol] {-'egh} and {-chuq} with {-lu'}

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Sep 14 08:55:36 PDT 2021

On 9/14/2021 11:48 AM, Will Martin wrote:
> My issue is that {-chuqlu’} has to have a plural subject. There
> doesn’t seem to be any other setting in which {-lu’} implies a plural
> Indefinite subject. That makes it exceptional.
>
> Does the language grant that exception? You say it obviously does.

Don't put words into my mouth. I'm not granting exceptions here.

You are correct that the text of TKD says that *-chuq* must be used with
plural subjects. On that basis, it is fair enough to say that there is
some question whether an indefinite subject qualifies.

> Is it obvious to most Klingonists, or do you have a unique certainty?

Gimme a break. I offered an opinion, that using *-chuq* and *-lu'*
together offers no conceptual difficulty.