[tlhIngan Hol] {ghIq} {ngugh} and time adverbs with time stamps

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Sun Oct 31 16:21:24 PDT 2021

> On Sat, 2021-10-30 at 22:59 +0300, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:

> > jIH:

> > > adverb - verbbogh 'ej verbbogh noun -

> > > verb - meH'ed noun
>

> > Constructions as {qeqmeH taj}, {QongmeH Duj}, {narghmeH nab}, etc, are

> > obviously able to come at the end of the sentence, and it is these
> kind of constructions which I was describing by saying {meH'ed noun}.

I misread the initial "adverb" as "verb", and understood that to be the
main verb, with the {verb-meH noun} at the end being a misplaced purpose
clause. I take responsibility for, and apologize for, that mistake.
However, taking that last bit as the kind of construction you explained
your intent to be, then I don't see a main verb at all. It's not a
sentence. If you intended it to be one, then that's the real error. If it
was just meant as a prelude to the remainder of a sentence, any reanalysis
I might do would likely fail because of missing context.

-- ghunchu'wI'