[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: wab qoSta' 'aplo'

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 07:30:43 PDT 2021

On Fri, 29 Oct 2021 at 16:00, Klingon Word of the Day <kwotd at wizage.net>
wrote:

> Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, October 29, 2021
>
> Klingon word: wab qoSta' 'aplo'
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: cassette
> Source: TalkNow - Learn Klingon!, revealed 30 September 2011

In TOS, there are numerous references to "tapes" as a recording medium:
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Record_tape

I hope that the phrase is actually just out-of-date terminology that got
stuck (like how we refer to motion pictures as "films" even though they're
probably not shot or transmitted on actual film any more), and not actual
magnetic ribbons used for data storage.

We really do need some more up-to-date Klingon terminology for modern day
technologies. Does anyone even talk about "cassettes" any more?

--
De'vID