[tlhIngan Hol] {vaj} connecting {-meH} clauses

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 10:30:11 PDT 2021

SuStel:
> The second phrase you wrote isn't so that
> the coffee doesn't spill; it's so that in
> order that the coffee doesn't spill.

I've been trying to resist the urge to ask this, but I can't. At least I
resisted for three whole hours..

Suppose I write:

{HIvje' vIHmoHbe'lu'meH, vaj Qoy'be' qa'vIn, ngaDmoHwI' le' lo'lu'}

"In order that something doesn't move the glass, so the coffee won't spill,
a special base can be used"

Aside the fact that there's a parenthetical phrase, is there something
wrong? Does this sentence make sense?

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/