[tlhIngan Hol] {vaj} connecting {-meH} clauses

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Wed Oct 27 10:04:00 PDT 2021

When I wrote “The Guitar Owner’s Manual — How to Buy, Maintain, and Repair an Acoustic Guitar” (available in iBooks), I was very much in the habit of writing run-on sentences, rife with parenthetical comments, as was my habit in speech as well as writing, with total disregard to the advice in Strunk and White, recommending concise and focused speech, using shorter, simpler sentences to express ideas rather than burdening each sentence with too much content for readers to maintain sufficient patience to slog their way through it all. But my editor just put periods between clauses, even if some of them were dependent.

mu'tlhegh ngaD maS tlhInganpu’. qech Qatlh chIwlu'meH mu’tlheghmey law’ poQlu’chugh, qay’be’. Dayajlu’ghach potlh law’ Qatlh pab Dalo’laHghach potlh puS.

pItlh

charghwI’ ‘utlh
(ghaH, ghaH, -Daj)