[tlhIngan Hol] {neH} "merely" with imperatives

luis.chaparro at web.de luis.chaparro at web.de
Tue Oct 19 05:10:47 PDT 2021

SuStel:

> In English, the only simple word we have for it is /American./ I remember the delight I experienced in high school when I learned that Spanish had a separate word for it, /estadounidense./

Indeed, but unfortunately in Spain, in colloquial contexts, most people just use *americana*/*americano* (f/m) to refer to people born in the USA, although these words actually mean, properly speaking, *people born in the American continent* or *relating to the American continent*. Used in colloquial contexts, *estadounidense* may sound a bit odd or stilted, so I usually specify: *una serie americana de los Estados Unidos* (*an American series from the USA*). That's similar to what happens in German with *US-Amerikanerin/US-Amerikaner* (f/m) and just *Amerikanerin/Amerikaner* (f/m).

By the way: I've just used *actually* above and I was wondering if there is a way to say it in Klingon?