[tlhIngan Hol] 'eSpanya' QISmaS (Beginner's text and questions)

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 22 13:28:04 PST 2021

In this case I would say {'eSpanya'ngan lurDech}.  I'm not sure whether countries (i.e. politico-geographical entities) have traditions - in either English or Klingon - or if the people (or possibly cultures) in them do.  AFAIK {lurDech} has only been used twice in Klingon, both with groups of people:

  qorDu' lurDechmeyna' pab tlhInganpu'
  With strong [Klingon] family traditions... S13

  nughraj Dun lurDechmeyraj Dun je DIvuvta' 'e' lutul
    HaDwI'pu' 'ej vItul jIH.
  The editors and I hope to have respected your rich culture
   and tradition (Vincent Van Gerven Oei's speech at qepHom 10)

That being said,

  ...  'ach 'eSpanya'ngan lurDech 'oHbejbe'.
  ...  but this isn't really a Spanish tradition.

If deciding whether to use {'eSpanya'} or {'eSpanya'ngan} with a noun throws you for a temporal loop, you can always say simply {'eSpanya'Daq ...}:

  ... 'ach 'eSpanya'Daq lurDech 'oHbe'.
  ...  but in Spain this is not a tradition.

Voragh