[tlhIngan Hol] can a {Daq} and a {Sep} be at the sea

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Nov 12 05:58:51 PST 2021

On 11/12/2021 7:38 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> "There are specific locations in the sea where sea monsters were
> thought to frequently appear".
>
> Could we use the {Daq}/{Sep} or maybe even {SepHom} for the word
> "locations" of the above example?

Sure. *bIQ'a'Daq Sepmey tlhIn tu'lu'. ***pIj *SepvamDaq nargh bIQ'a'
tlhapraghmey 'e' luHar pa'logh nuv.*

I'd use *Daq* if the location is fairly small, like "in that harbor,"
and *Sep* if the region is fairly large, like "in the North Sea." I
wouldn't use *SepHom* unless it was completely obvious what the *-Hom*
was doing.

> Perhaps one "solution" would be to use {Quv} "coordinates", but I'd
> expect that word to be used in military contexts, klingon space crap,
> aviation, specialized texts, etc.

And yet we are told that showing an allegiance to military jargon
increases one's social standing in everyday life /(Power Klingon)./ And
we have the saying *QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj.* So I wouldn't discount
using *Quv* for this. However, you should be prepared to answer the
question, "What are the coordinates?", using coordinates.