[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: moQ

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 5 07:29:02 PDT 2021

Klingon word: 	moQ
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	sphere
Source: 	TKD

moQDaq DuQwI'Hommey jej tu'lu'
A brutally spiked pommel fastens the hilt together.  (SP2)

(KGT 61):  at the end of the knife's handle (ret'aq) there is a spiked pommel, called simply {moQ} (sphere).

If a sphere is hollow you might call it a {pel'aQ} "shell".   A variation of the Dyson sphere is called a Dyson shell.

SEE:
pach moQ 		(High Court) gavel (n) MKE
QujmeH moQ 		ball (n) TNK
wovmoHwI' moQ 	light bulb (n) TNK
moQbID  		dome (n) TLP

SEE ALSO:
ba'Suq 			bubble (n)
'aplom 			pellet (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary or notes from the last