[tlhIngan Hol] can a {Daq} and a {Sep} be at the sea

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 08:38:37 PST 2021

I don't know whether this is something relevant to this thread, but
I'm posting this here, in case voragh would like to add this to his
records.

On November 13 2019, I started a thread with the title "how would you
understand {'eladya' DaqDaq} ?" There, I asked on the initial post:

***** Initial post's start *****

Suppose I write:

{'elaDya' SepDaq vIghro'mey tIQ tu'lu'}.

This would mean: "there are ancient cats at the region of greece".

Now, suppose I write:

{'elaDya' DaqDaq vIghro'mey tIQ tu'lu'}

The way I understand it, this would mean "there are ancient cats at
the site/location of greece". And the only difference I "feel", is
that perhaps this sentence focuses more on the "location".

However, since I'm not a native english speaker, I wonder:

Meaning-wise, what's the actual difference between this and the first sentence ?

Do you, as native american speakers, "feel" any difference between
these two sentences ?

***** Initial post's end *****

Later in that thread, Lieven informed on the thoughts of god on this matter..

***** Lieven's post's start *****

Am 13.11.2019 um 16:41 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
> Suppose I write:
> {'elaDya' DaqDaq vIghro'mey tIQ tu'lu'}

At qepHom 2019, Marc Okrand said that this is not his only or definite
answer, but I felt that {'elaDya' Daq} sounds weird in the first place.
It reminded him of a puzzle made of country-shaped puzzle tiles, and if
the greece tile was the only one missing, you could say that is the
{'elaDya' Daq} — the place where you would put the greece tile.

More may come later.

***** Lieven's post's end *****

Address of the initial post:
http://lists.kli.org/pipermail/tlhingan-hol-kli.org/2019-November/013587.html