[tlhIngan Hol] Noun-noun constructions with relative clauses

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 05:58:19 PST 2021

charghwI':
> If you argue that as a matter of style, the
> language needs to bend to your will

I'm afraid you misunderstood me.

I wasn't asking for something to change; I was just expressing that (to me)
it seems strange that the grammar forbids something, which at the same time
indirectly allows.

The grammar forbids the addition of {-'e'} in the first noun of a {-bogh}
clause (in an example as the above), but at the same time the same language
allows for us to understand that {-bogh} clause as if the same {-'e'} that
it forbids, existed.

Just seems strange, is all.

--
Dana'an