[tlhIngan Hol] {ghIq} {ngugh} and time adverbs with time stamps

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Mon Nov 1 14:29:11 PDT 2021

On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 11:04 AM mayqel qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Let me ask you something; how many times in the past haven't we used
> in this list the  "proprietary terms" of {-meH}'ed and {-bogh}'ed
> nouns?

How many times? We haven't used those terms essentially *every* time.
Simplifying to get rid of the odd negation, we have never used those terms.

I found exactly one older example of someone saying "-meH'ed the wrong
verb" and two of "-bogh'ed verb" in the list archives. Both of them are
explicitly referring to verbs, not nouns. There are also mentions of things
like "Type 5'd nouns", but those are talking about syntactic marker
suffixes which *do* go on nouns.

Why did you feel the need to react *now*?

I surmise that it's because you used a novel term that nobody has ever used
before, and which doesn't obviously mean what you were trying to get
across.

-- ghunchu'wI'