[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: SupDIng

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 09:14:59 PDT 2021

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 at 00:33, Will Martin <willmartin2 at mac.com> wrote:

> I went to Wikipedia seeking some sort of confirmation that high stepping
> is done in reel time and instead discovered that High Steppers is a silent
> film. That fits the physical object “reel” instead of the 4/4 time musical
> form “reel”.
>
> Sorry I left that curve in the presentation without smoothing it out. I
> see where it’s a curve one could easily leave the road on.

The definition is "spool, reel, spindle". Of all possible objects which are
related to spools, reels, or spindles, why does this film "High Steppers"
have any more significance (to Klingon, to Okrand, to Star Trek, etc.) than
any other? That's what I'm not getting. If I understand you correctly, it's
because a style of dancing called high stepping, unrelated to this film, is
done in 4/4 time which is called reel time. But that seems like too many
leaps.

--
De'vID