[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: SupDIng

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Thu Mar 25 04:34:20 PDT 2021

Look in Wikipedia under “High Steppers”.

I was led there by seeing {QaplaStep} as “Hi, Step”, and knew that high stepping is a very percussive traditional folk dance for Black Americans performed by Matthew Olwell (son and brother of the father/son team famous among traditional Irish flute wooden makers). I’ve seen a very impressive demonstration of it. It’s very athletic/aerobic.

At first, I figured that the dance is probably done to a reel (4/4 time) instead of a jig (6/8 time), but then figured I should look in Wikipedia to check and bingo.

Apparently, Okrand likes old silent films.

charghwI’

Sent from my iPad