[tlhIngan Hol] is 'op and 'op-noun construction singular or plural

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Mar 4 22:49:56 PST 2021

Am 05.03.2021 um 07:28 schrieb De'vID:
> The only instance I can think of where the number {pagh} precedes a noun
> to count it is {Dal pagh jagh}, but the prefix doesn't tell us whether
> {pagh jagh} is singular or plural.

The only indication we have, is that it's not {Dal pagh jaghpu'}.

I know, the plural suffix is never required, but it's an indication. And
knowing that Klingon usually works different than what one would expect
from English, this is a very small clue that it's singular. The plural
suffix is used on many places in TKW. So if it was needed here, I think
Okrand would have used it.

But again, it's just theory, no proof.

--
Lieven L. Litaer