[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tIng

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 08:47:54 PST 2021

On Wed, 23 Dec 2020 at 18:30, Steven Boozer <sboozer at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> 'amerI'qa' ‘ev chan ‘ev                 North America (GN) (qepHom 2016)
> 'amerI'qa' tIng chan tIng       South America (GN) (qepHom 2016)

I don't recall if anyone has pointed this out before, but does anyone else
find these backwards? Why isn't it {'ev chan 'ev 'amerI'qa'} and {tIng chan
tIng 'amerI'qa'}? I'm probably just forgetting some rule that applies only
to the compass directions.

I wonder how a Klingon would then render "the American South" (i.e., the
southern United States, a geographic and cultural region to the south of
the country)? Ditto "the American North".

--
De'vID