[tlhIngan Hol] Callimachus Hymn IV To Delos excerpt

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 03:50:29 PDT 2021

SuStel:
> If you want to say pagh latlh be' ghop wIbamvIp, you're not admitting fear; you're denying fear.

Interesting; I hadn't thought of this approach.

voragh:
> It’s certainly “culturally taboo” among the warrior caste, but whether that’s true of
> the general Klingon population– let alone non-Klingon subjects of the Empire - is unknown.

maj! This is all the justification I'll ever need..

Anyways, I'd like to discuss two things with regards to the original
translation.

en translation:
> of goddesses most excellent far
jIH:
> SoH povqu' law' Hoch povqu' puS

In case the {-qu'} on the {pov} seems strange, I chose to use it as a
result of the Ca'Non paq'batlh sentence of: {SoH rallaw' law' Hoch
rallaw' puS}.

The en translation doesn't say "of goddesses most excellent"; it says
"most excellent far". So, if I just wrote the law'/puS construction
without the {-qu'} on the {pov}, I think that the "far" wouldn't be
expressed.

en translation:
> and thou, O Queen wilt know who is the cause of thine anger
jIH:
> 'ej SoH'e', 'o che'wI', QeHlIj qaSmoHpu'bogh nuv Dangu'

The {SoH'e'} isn't intended as "as for you"; it's intended with it's
exclusivity role: "of everyone it is *you* Hera, who will identify the
cause of your anger".

Of course, I may be wrong on everything I wrote so far, since -qeylIS
knows- in the brain factory someone forgot to install the "ability to
understand grammar circuit" in my brain.

~ Dana'an
I've never read the paq'batlh
I don't intend to ever read the paq'batlh