[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: la'SIv

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 23 08:16:08 PDT 2021

Klingon word: 	la'SIv
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	turtle, tortoise
Source: 	loghaD Email 3 august 2012

(MO > Felix Malmenbeck, 8/03/2012):  Maltz told me about a Klingon animal that's kind of turtle-like called a {la'SIv}.  So maybe turtle is {tera' la'SIv}.

SEE ALSO:
lung 		*loong* (type of lizard-like animal); lizard (n)
nagh DIr 	shell (of an animal) (n)

“Once,” said the Mock Turtle at last, with a deep sigh, “I was a real Turtle.” (Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen