[tlhIngan Hol] maS'e' loQ So'be'bogh QIb

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Jun 11 06:24:02 PDT 2021

On 6/11/2021 9:06 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> So when do we use this tkd rule/option? When do we choose to place the
> noun with the {-'e'} before the adverb? Is it just a matter of
> personal preference?

TKD doesn't say why it's done, but I think the reason is obvious: you're
fronting the object for emphasis.

Fronting is commonly done in many languages for emphasis. Saying the
most important word first is a common thing to do.

So here you're not only saying *DaH HaqwI''e' yISam*/Find the SURGEON
(not someone else) now!; /you're saying*HaqwI''e' DaH yISam,* which
essentially means /The surgeon! Find him/her now!/