[tlhIngan Hol] expressing "the accused was sentenced" and "the sentence was carried out"

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 05:41:34 PDT 2021

ghunchu'wI':
> I think the meaning of "sentence" in those
> sentences is carried by the Klingon word {bIj} "punishment".

I've thought of using something like {nuv pumlu'bogh bIj bo'DIj} for
"the court punishes the accused"; the problem though is that reading
something like that, includes both the meaning of "sentencing" as well
as "carrying out the sentence".

Anyways, perhaps I could use something like {XvaD bIj SovmoH bo'DIj},
where the "X" could stand for the accused, the audience of the trial,
or whoever else depending on the occasion. And then playing with the
noun {bIj} to express the actual "carrying out" of the sentence. Or
maybe, I could just write "the accused was imprisoned for X years", or
"was executed", or "was forced to wear qep'a' t-shirts for X years".

~ Dana'an