[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tlhogh

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Thu Jul 8 06:06:57 PDT 2021

I just want to point out that the English verb “marry” is used in a way that everything here said about {tlhogh} perhaps excludes. A priest marries a couple.

I have officiated the weddings of two of my step-children. In my state, any citizen can request a one-event license to officiate a wedding for a specific couple, hence my personal familiarity with the verb. My neighbor similarly officiated my marriage to my wife.

So, in this sense, I didn’t marry my wife. My wife and I were married by my neighbor.

Hence: My wife and I were married to each other. We didn’t directly marry each other. Our neighbor married us. To each other.

Nothing said about {tlhogh} suggests that it can be used in this way.

charghhwI’