[tlhIngan Hol] law' puS with the -taHvIS and type-9 clauses preceding each element

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 08:22:20 PST 2021

SuStel:
> It's a Maltz-said-so-special-phrase-so-
> shut-up-and-don't-generalize case. It is
> described in The Klingon Way as aberrant
> grammar.
tkw quoted by the Ca'Non master:
> The grammatical construction is a bit
> aberrant; one would expect {QamtaHvIS}
> and {tortaHvIS}

Thank you SuStel and voragh for taking the time to explain this.

While I was writing the initial post, I remembered that we had discussed in
the past that the {QamvIS Hegh..} was a special case, but my confusion came
from the fact, that I was under the impression, that its' being "a special
case" was in reference only to the the {QamvIS} and the {torvIS} lacking a
{-taH}.

Anyway, good to know that its' being a special case refers to the placement
of the second {-vIS} clause as well.

Satlho'.

~ Dana'an
DaH DIHIvnIS DIHIvlaHtaHvIS