[tlhIngan Hol] Qugh 4, Qugh 5 je, mu'mey chu' je

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Fri Feb 5 10:22:51 PST 2021

Am 05.02.2021 um 18:59 schrieb nIqolay Q:
> That's unusual. I wonder why the second "d" was transliterated as a
> glottal stop: *DIreSDen* would fit Klingon phonotactics just fine. Do
> Dresden natives not pronounce the second "d"?

I'm not sure what Okrand's motives were, but it's true that German
speakers pronounce it a little like "dres(d)-n", with a very silent
second D. In addition to that, having a D on the final syllable would
give it some more stress which it does not have in German.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"