[tlhIngan Hol] hard truths about the future

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 07:21:34 PST 2021

charghwI':
> It’s clear that you don’t consider me to be an expert.
> Same for the original Grammarian or any but one of the
> Beginners’ Grammarians, the head of the KLI, or all
> but one of the Friends of Maltz.

I never understood the need so many feel to be called an expert. Some
people should exercise some humility for a change.

charghwI':
> Your remarkable interest in Okrand’s passing

Ok, stop right there. I've never talked about "okrand's passing". I'm
talking about the day he chooses to retire. There's a difference.

charghwI':
> As people who are neither Dr. Marc Okrand nor Paramount, you or I can say whatever we like

Exactly. And as a fan of the language, I've the right to have my own opinion.

charghwI':
> Okrand or Paramount could sweep aside our suggestions on whim by presenting some other succession

I've never suggested anything.

charghwI':
> So, in terms of keeping the language going,
> I’m not that sure that your skills and SuStel’s skills necessarily ensure the survival of the language

I've never said that I have any considerable skill in klingon.

Anyway, I'm just stating my opinion. Contrary to other people, I don't
believe I'm someone important in the community, that my voice should
be heard, or that anyone should waste time even reading what I write.

So, will all due respect, if anyone is irritated by my opinion on this
matter, he can just press "delete".

- chaHvaD po'wI' luDamlu' luneHqu' 'op, 'ej not 'e' vIyajlaH.
nguqHa'choHchugh 'op, qabbe'.
- wa' jaj 'utlh moj 'oqranD; jajvetlh ghu' lubop mu'wIj.
- teH, 'ej Holvam vIlle' jIHmo' je, vuDwIj tlhIn vIghajlaH.
- not vay' vIchuppu'.
- < vItlh tlhIngan Hol laHwIj > not jIjatlhpu'. tlhIngan nughDaq potlh
'op 'e' luHar 'op, 'a not jIHvaD potlhwI' vIDamchoHpu'. < vuDwIj
qelnISlu' > not jIjatlhpu'. < Hoch vIqonbogh laDnIS Hoch > not
jIjatlhpu'. jIHvaD poHDaj lo'Ha'nIS pagh. vaj, jIyI', 'a vay'
berghchoHmoH Sojvam bopbogh vuDwIj'e', {Qaw'} 'uynIS.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/