[tlhIngan Hol] where the adverb refers and {tlhoS}

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 06:39:22 PDT 2021

charghwI':
> A simpler truth is that your precious, exceptional English translations
> would only make sense if the English translation had the same context
> that the Klingon expression did, and if it HAD that context, you would,
> like the Klingon expression, not need the emphasis you are putting on it.

I placed the asterisks in the examples that I wrote, not in order to
express emphasis, but to point out where the adverb could refer.

Anyway though, I agree with the fact that in a normal conversation, no
one would take out pen and paper starting to calculate all the
possibilities. Of course it would be up to context to provide with the
intended meaning.

It's good however to know what is possible and what is not.

~ D