[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Da'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Aug 26 09:20:29 PDT 2021

Klingon word: Da'
Part of speech: noun
Definition: corporal (rank)
Source: TKD

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

 (KGT 50):  A ship's full complement of personnel, crew plus officers, is called a {wey}, perhaps best translated as "company"... An individual crew member is a {beq}.  ({QaS} [troops] applies to non-officers whether or not assigned to a ship.)

(KGT 53):  Among the troops ({QaS}), the highest-ranking are given the title {bu'}, traditionally translated as sergeant, while the next highest have the title {Da'} (corporal). No specific titles are used for anyone of lower rank.

However, Alexander reported to the Rotarran's first officer Worf by stating, "*Bekk* Alexander Rozhenko, reporting as ordered." (DS9 "Sons and Daughters")

SEE ALSO:
ghuv 		recruit (n)
mangHom  	cadet (n)
beq		crewman (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen