[tlhIngan Hol] Just a short question about the word *be'*

André Müller esperantist at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 12:24:49 PDT 2021

I think this is a coincidence as well.

By the way, a similar coincidence occurs in some Sino-Tibetan languages
where the word/prefix for ‘not’ is the same as the word or suffix for
‘mother/woman/female/older.sister’. In Burmese (which Okrand has studied at
least a bit), both affixe are written မ. The pronunciation is slightly
different: for the negation prefix it is /mə-/ and for the female suffix
it's /-má̰/.

I'm not saying that Okrand's study of Sino-Tibetan languages have
influenced Klingon here. It might really just be a coincidence.

Best,
— André aka Vortarulo