[tlhIngan Hol] do we {baH} or do we {bach} an arrow

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Aug 25 05:45:23 PDT 2021

On 8/25/2021 7:55 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> Is there an answer as to whether we {baH} or {bach} a {naQjejHom}?
>
> Is there a right answer to this? Or do we pick one in random? Or do we
> ask qeylIS? Or do we consult with the oracle of the Cat of the
> Underground?

I believe that *baH* is used for self-propelled weapons, while *bach* is
used for unpowered attacks projected from a device, and *chuH* is for
unpowered hurled attacks. I base this simply on the glosses and examples
we have, not an explicit description.

That would mean you *bach* a *naQjejHom.* On the other hand, since
*naQjejHommey* are not a native Klingon invention, Klingons might not
have a strong preference for which word to use, and its association with
*naQjejmey,* which you *chuH,* might lead them to say that you *chuH* a
*naQjejHom.*

If you want anything more definitive, you'll probably have to go ask a
Klingon.