[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ngon

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 22 08:25:45 PDT 2021

Klingon word: 	ngon
Part of speech: 	verb
Definition: 	bubble
Source: 	qepHom 2017

(qepHom 2017 p.20):  The verb {ngon} describes what water does when it's boiling: It's bubbling. Also, if you blow with a straw into a glass of water, then it's also bubble-ing, i.e. making bubbles. The person does not {ngon}, they {ngonmoH} the water."

SEE:
ba'Suq		bubble (n)
  - weSjech ba'Suq Duj 	   hot air balloon (n) (OZ)

(qepHom 2017 p.20):  The noun {ba'Suq} is used also for a chewing gum bubble, a soap bubble and so on. You can even have bubbles in the bath tub, and the foam in the bathtub is made of millions of bubbles, but the foam itself is not called bubble. Of course, you can add suffixes to it for very small bubbles, like the ones you have in sparkling water and champagne, for instance.

SEE ALSO:
pub 		boil (v)
jo' 		blow into a container of some kind, inflate (v)
bor 		gurgle (stomach noise) (v) [for sound of bubbling?] (v)

'o'nI' 		foam, froth (n) (Hamletmaschine)
'o'nI' Sub  	solid foam (like styrofoam) (n) (qepHom 2020)
pel'aQ 		shell (of an egg) (n)
moQ 		sphere (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen