[tlhIngan Hol] two klorns of bloodwine, a bottle of water

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 23:47:28 PDT 2021

This is a question that came up over on the Discord server. I thought it
would be good to open it up to more opinions and have the discussion
archived on the mailing list.

How would you say "two klorns of bloodwine"? For example, "I want to drink
two klorns of bloodwine"?

How would you say "a jug of water" (or "three jugs of water", etc ),
meaning water served in a water jug. (That is, how would you refer to the
water in the water jug, and not the jug itself, bearing in mind that {bIQ
bal} is defined as "water jug" in KGT.)

Can the noun-noun construction (N1-N2 = N2 of the N1) be used here?

(For the sake of the argument, let's say that context alone isn't
sufficient to distinguish between a jug full of water from an empty water
jug.)

--
De'vID