[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Sotlaw'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Apr 13 08:52:00 PDT 2021

Klingon word: 	Sotlaw'
Part of speech:	noun
Definition: 	distress call

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

TREK TRIVIA:
T'Pol doubted there was a distress beacon on the Somraw. "Klingons don't call for help." (ENT "Sleeping Targs")  However, Arik Soong used an escape pod (equipped with an automated distress beacon) to escape from the Bird-of-Prey his Augment “children” had captured in 2154. (ENT “The Augments”)

PUN:   "shout loud"?

SEE ALSO:
ghum 		[sound an] alarm (v)
QaH  		help,  aid (v)
rIS  		make a cracking/snapping sound; signal, emit a signal (v)

Se' 		frequency (n)
   rI'Se' 		   hailing frequency (n)
   'evnagh Se' 	   subspace radio (n)

ghum 		alarm (n)
rISwI' 		transponder (sonar) (n)
HablI' 		data transceiving device (n)
QumwI' 	communicator (n)

chaDvay' 	radio frequency (n)
wab HevwI' 	radio (n) (TNK)
wab labwI'  	radio service, broadcaster, radio transmitter (n)
  - (qep'a' 2017): This is used for broadcaster, radio service, etc. It can also be used for the device that does the transmitting. If a distinction must be made, the device is {wab labwI' jan}.

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen