[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: lem

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 8 08:16:29 PDT 2021

Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, April 08, 2021

Klingon word: 	lem
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	hoof

tIqnagh lemDu'
*TKnag* hooves (KCD food item, always referred to in the plural)

(KGT 92):  One way to bring fermentation about is to mix the food with a fungus (known as {'atlhqam}) usually scraped off the bottom of certain animals' feet, though it also grows on trees.

PUN:  lame?

SEE
namwech 		paw (n)
gham 			limb (of an animal) (n)

SEE ALSO (for people):
ghop 			hand (n)
nItlhpach  		fingernail (n)
qam 			foot (n)
yaD 			toe (n)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
    Please contribute relevant vocabulary from the last year or two. I’ve fallen