[tlhIngan Hol] Explicit pronouns again

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Sun Oct 11 05:43:41 PDT 2020

Am 11.10.2020 um 14:32 schrieb Luis Chaparro Caballero:
> [...] we can read that pronouns can actually be used in order to add some emphasis when the sentence is not ambiguous and therefore pronouns are not required. Now I'm a bit confused.

I don't know if you know those languages, but for instance, this also
happens in French:

You can say without ambiguity "Tu manges" - "you eat", but for amphasis,
you might also add a pronoun "toi" (you) and get "Toi, tu manges...".

This is what happens with {jISop} and {jISop jIH}.

Your name seems a bit Spanish, so maybe looking at that language also
helps. If I remember correctly, you don't use any pronouns in Spanish
("Aprendo español") but you COULD for emphasis: "Yo aprendo español"

Does this help?

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"