[tlhIngan Hol] vaj and meqvammo' difference

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Tue Oct 6 07:07:33 PDT 2020

One would think that by now, I’d have the perfective down.

I’m not trying to argue here. I trust your understanding of the perfective and want your advice to steer me away from my thinking. I was starting with “Because I had been hungry, I ordered pizza.” The ordering was simple past, so not perfective. The hunger, within the time setting of ordering the pizza, was a level farther into the past.

To some extent, both the ordering of the pizza and my hunger are now complete, since I ordered and ate the pizza.

Please clarify. I tend to renew my understanding of the perfective after your explanations and I thank you in advance.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.