[tlhIngan Hol] 'uD'a' laser

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Oct 30 06:56:18 PDT 2020

Here's what I have in my notes:

'uD  		laser (n) KGT
sic for {'uD'a'} - an error from the "official charghwI' list" at the KLI web site [source?]

'uD Haqtaj  	laser scalpel (n) (medical device) [HQ 1.3:9 < veS QonoS]

'uD'a'  		laser (n) [HQ 1.3:9 < veS QonoS]

If {'uD'a'} is the correct form, it begs the question: "What is {'uD}?  Perhaps a beam of light?  Or a smallish, low-power laser (suitable for surgical devices), with {'uD'a'} being the more powerful kind used in industry or as a weapon?  Note we also have {tIH} "ray, energy  beam" adapted from {tIH} "shaft (of spear)".

--
Voragh

-----Original Message----------Original Message----------Original Message-----