[tlhIngan Hol] Explicit pronouns again

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Sun Oct 11 07:10:52 PDT 2020

Am 11.10.2020 um 15:45 schrieb Luis Chaparro Caballero:

> I'm probably confused, since I'm a beginner and I hope I'm not annoying you with my questions.

Don't bother about that. This is exactly the perfect forum for this kind
of questions. :-)

> you told me there is no semantic difference between *yaS vIlegh* and *yaS vIlegh jIH*

I did not follow the entire thread, but TKD clearly explains how it works:

<<<
Pronouns may be used as nouns, but only for emphasis or added clarity.
They are not required. Thus, the following sets of sentences are all
grammatically correct.

     {yaS vIlegh jIH} "I see the officers."
     {yaS vIlegh}

Taking this literally, adding the suffix {-'e'} even adds more emphasis.
It is used with the pronoun jIH, because it cannot be attached to a verb.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"