[tlhIngan Hol] The problem with po'

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon Mar 23 12:17:01 PDT 2020

Am 23.03.2020 um 19:50 schrieb SuStel:
> means what the combination of /be skilled/ and /be expert/ means. It
> means the subject has enough training or ability to be really good at
> something.

In case of doubt, always look back to how a word was used.

In ST5 Kirk escaped Captain Klaa, who then says {po'qu'}, meaning
something along like "He's good." (I think that were the subtitles)

This is a good example to show the difference to {QaQ} "be good". {QaQ}
shows the quality of something (like a good wine), and {po'} is used in
this situation to show that Kirk really has a lot of experience (hence
the definition "be expert") and he is a very skilled captain.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"