[tlhIngan Hol] can DIgh and bam be used for people ?

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Sun Mar 15 01:50:42 PDT 2020

Am 12.03.2020 um 16:28 schrieb nIqolay Q:
> the "to do something about a problem or difficult situation" meaning is
> probably what's intended.

Your explanation sounds reasonable, but we have this one canon example

{DaH nuq wIDIgh?}
What is our current task? / What do we undertake now?

and this does not reveal any "problem or difficult situation". I
understand it in a way the verb "do" sounds, so the answer to that canon
example might be "DaHjaj chab wISop" - which is nor a problem no a
difficult situation.

If I go a step further, I really doubt the verb "undertake" can be used
for people. (can it?) It sounds to me that this is only used with
"actions", like eating, killing, having a party etc.

Therefore, {HoD vIDIgh} sounds odd to me.

OTOH, regarding {bam}, I'm with you and see no problem of using it with
people.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"