[tlhIngan Hol] {moch} in noun-noun constructions

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Mar 19 07:27:28 PDT 2020

Am 19.03.2020 um 14:26 schrieb SuStel:
> Yes. Absolutely. The noun-noun construction represents a genitive
> relationship between two nouns, of which possessive is only a subset. In
> general, /genitive /means being associated in some way.
[...]
> *QaDmoHwI' DIr* is an example of a genitive construction.

So based on all these examples, {moch Qel} *could* mean
"higher-rank-doctor", but maybe not.

So it leads back to the next question if that always works, or if it's
only acceptable if Maltz says so, or if there is a pattern. It seems to
work with all materials, and I guess all of the other examples can also
be expanded.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"