[tlhIngan Hol] {neH} and {-bogh}ed nouns

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Wed Mar 4 06:26:52 PST 2020

Just to explain all this in more elemental terms, {neH} (besides acting as a verb in a normal sentence, or the special case of its role as the second verb in a Sentence As Object) can follow a noun (meaning “only”) or it can follow a verb (meaning “merely”). It can’t “follow” an implied subject pronoun suggested by a verb prefix and mean “only".

This is true in any clause, be it relative, main, or any dependent clause. In all cases, if you want “only”, it has to follow an actual noun or pronoun (acting as a noun).

So much for adding clarity… [Don’t hit “send”, charghwI’. Just don’t hit “send”…]

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.