[tlhIngan Hol] {bam} and {DIgh} difference

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Mar 3 09:03:42 PST 2020

Am 03.03.2020 um 15:10 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
> Do we use {bam} when we will face something unpleasant in the future,
> and {DIgh} when we deal with something in the here-and-now, regardless
> if it is pleasant or not ?

Both words are not related to the time of the event, nor the
pleasentness of it.

Don't write it down, but you make keep in mind that {DIgh} could be
translated as "do", and {bam} conveys the notion of something coming,
something you are going to experience.

But if you insist on having a time order with these words, you might say
that first {bam} something before you {DIgh} it.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"