[tlhIngan Hol] rIntaH and be-verbs

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Jan 29 06:50:33 PST 2020

On 1/29/2020 8:17 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> Would you agree, that the sentence {DevwI' vIQuchmoHpu'} could mean as
> well "I cause that the leader has been happy, but that happiness is
> over" ?
>
> I know that it doesn't make sense, as far as it's meaning is
> concerned, but I'm just trying to understand how things work.

I guess it could mean that, but as you say, it doesn't seem to mean
anything useful. Maybe, somewhere, there is some situation where such a
thing might make sense, but something that specific would probably
deserve much more than just one ambiguous line. Maybe you've got a time
machine that can send happiness to people in the past. By pressing this
button, /I make him have been happy./