[tlhIngan Hol] why we shouldn't do transcriptions

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Sat Feb 29 22:45:24 PST 2020

Am 01.03.2020 um 02:41 schrieb SuStel:
> Standard? What standard?

It's maybe the incorrect word choice, but the "observation" and analysis
of existing transliterations shows that kr "usually" corresponds to {Q}:

Kronos - Qo'noS
kradge - Qaj
Kruge - Qugh
Sakrej - Sa'Qej
valkris - valQIS
Kras - QaS
K'ratak - Qa'taq
Krell - Qel
Krenn - Qen
Krotmag - Qotmagh

The transliteration {qr} appears when it's between two syllables:

boq-rat - bokrat
Mek-ro'vak - meqro'vaq
Ok-rand - 'oqranD

I'm not saying it's a rule or a standard, but there's definitely an
obvious pattern visible: Not one single syllable starts with {qr}.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"