[tlhIngan Hol] {neH} after {-logh} or {ben}

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 3 06:56:15 PST 2020

In all the examples I know of {neH} follows a noun or a verb.  I checked my files for additional examples revealed since July 2013 but couldn’t find any.  (Which may only mean that I didn’t record it if it taught us nothing new.  In recent years I’ve been a bit overwhelmed by all the new material – or maybe it’s just laziness.)

--
Voragh

From: tlhIngan-Hol <tlhingan-hol-bounces at lists.kli.org> On Behalf Of De'vID
Someone used {wa'logh neH} and I thought it was strange because {neH} is following an adverbial. While I understood it perfectly, AFAIK it can't do that, although one could argue that {wa'} is a number and hence a noun, and {neH} is modifying {wa'}, and {-logh} just happens to be tacked on to {wa'}.

Would others accept it?

I wondered if this question had already been asked on the mailing list, and lo and behold, I myself had asked this question in 2013: