[tlhIngan Hol] {neH} after {-logh} or {ben}

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 06:10:31 PST 2020

Someone used {wa'logh neH} and I thought it was strange because {neH} is
following an adverbial. While I understood it perfectly, AFAIK it can't do
that, although one could argue that {wa'} is a number and hence a noun, and
{neH} is modifying {wa'}, and {-logh} just happens to be tacked on to {wa'}.

Would others accept it?

I wondered if this question had already been asked on the mailing list, and
lo and behold, I myself had asked this question in 2013:

On Tue, 2 Jul 2013 at 07:23, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

> We know that {neH} can follow verbs or nouns. Can it follow a number
> suffixed with {-logh}?
>
> For example, {wa'logh neH qIp}. This is different than {wa'logh qIp neH},
> which trivialises the hitting.
>
> What about {ben} or other time elements, which are nouns? Would you
> understand {cha' ben neH qalegh}? Or does it have to be {cha' neH ben
> qalegh}?
>
> The only reply at the time was Voragh, who responded with a list of canon
usages of {neH}, none of which have {neH} following a number or an
adverbial.

--
De'vID